In early 2021, the Covid-19 epidemic is an enormous problem.
You should know that I received my second dose of the Moderna vaccine in mid-February, 2021. Thus, as of early March, I personally should have immunity, though my understanding is I still may be able to transmit the Covid-19 virus to others.
Here are the precautions I have implemented further notice:
- Before the appointment, please park your car outside my location and text me to let me know you are there. I’ll let you in. I’ll ask you to wash your hands before we begin.
- I will check your temperature with a temperature gun before appointment.
- If you have achieved Covid-19 immunity through vaccination, please let me know.
- In the interest of keeping my space safe for all who pass through it, please let me know if you have any symptoms of Covid: Fever, dry cough, loss of smell, etc. If yes, let’s reschedule the appointment.
- If you have been exposed to anyone with Covid recently please let me know and we’ll reschedule.
- Usually only I and you will be in my office, so there should be little exposure to other people.
- Unless we have both achieved Covid-19 immunity through vaccination, my policy is that I will wear a mask for the massage, and you are welcome to wear a mask as well.
- I run a high-quality HEPA filter in the treatment room. In warm weather I may open the windows and use a window fan to pull fresh air through.
- I use disinfectant wipes between appointments to clean surfaces touched during the appointment: Doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, the massage table, the face cradle. I use fresh linens for every appointment and wash and dry them after each use.